Epoxy Flooring Refurbishment for Sarina Sugar Shed
The existing flooring had been exposed to aggressive chemical corrosion...
- Property Type: Commercial
- Project Type: Floor Refurbishment
- Scope: Floor refurbishment to replace previous epoxy flooring that was deteriorated.
- Applicator: Smart Seal Waterproofing, Epoxy Coatings
- Area m2: 140m2
- Hychem E100 Epoxy Primer
- Hychem GP Epoxy Binder
- Hychem SF12FG
The Sarina Sugar Shed is a local tourist attraction that operates as a miniature working sugar mill and distillery. The existing flooring had been exposed to aggressive chemical corrosion (due to aggressive properties of sugar acids) and had begun to deteriorate and break down. Bayset proposed a Hychem Epoxy Flooring System that provided a moisture tolerant, durable and chemical resistant solution. Smart Seal Waterproofing and Epoxy Coatings provided a professional and timely application as to avoid disruption to the Sugar Shed’s daily operations.
After grinding the exisiting flooring and preparing the surface Hychem E100 Epoxy Primer, moisture tolerant primer, was applied to the entire area. This prepared the surface for the application of Hychem GP Epoxy Resin to repair spalled and cracked areas. Hychem SF12FG was then applied as the final wear surface creating a robust non slip surface that has outstanding chemical resistance.
Hychem E100 Epoxy Primer
Hychem E100 is a solvent based, two-component epoxy primer, generally used to prime concrete surfaces prior to the application of the main coating products or systems.
- Good penetration
- Good curing properties
- Suitable for a range of applications and coatings
Hychem GP Epoxy Binder
HYCHEM GP Epoxy is a cost effective, low viscosity epoxy binder designed to be blended with quartz fillers. It is the ideal binder for the quick repair of damaged concrete surfaces.
- High compressive strength
- Good pot life offers practical work time
- Can be used as a primer, binder & sealer
Hychem SF12 FG Fast Cure Epoxy Coating
Hychem SF12FG is a high solids, chemical resistant, epoxy coating with built-in fine grit anti-slip additive that provides a fine non-slip surface.
- Chemical resistant to petroleum oils, solvents, acids, alkalies, hot fats.
- Durable (high solids (85%) provides a 300 micron DFT).
- Slip resistant.
- Hard wearing even in harsh and punishing environments.
Learn More About Products Used